Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

My life is strange. One minute I am content and the next minute my mind is racing onto what I can do to make my life better. Recently, I have been doing a lot, A LOT of thinking about the future. It is no secret that I am kind of tired of my current joblet. I mean, I have been doing it for 7 years!!! Eventually, you want to improve yourself or make your life a little different.

Please don’t get me wrong. I am not saying I hate my job. That is so far away from what I actually feel. I lurve my job and I will continue to do it as long as I need to, but the thing is, I am getting bored. I need some excitement and I don’t mean getting locked in the bathroom again ;) .

I have already set in motion some opportunities at my current job and I am talking to the right people to make it happen. It is mostly a waiting game right now. I rarely talk about my future professional plans on here because I do not want people to hold them against me… But, I am struggling with a decision right now.

7 years ago I graduated from IUP with a BS (bull shit? or is it Bachelors of Science?) in Finance and a Minor in Accounting. I have always said that the finance degree helped me with my life; however, the accounting degree is what got me my job to begin with. When I started my professional life, I was very lucky that I had those accounting credits and was eligible to get the job I got so many years ago. Today, I have moved up and to another company, but I am essentially in the same job.

I am seriously thinking about going back to IUPizzle for a few more classes. I am unsure of what to do though. I am going to talk to the one professor that I lurved and I will see what she has to say about all this. I only need 5 (or 4) classes to get a double BS in Finance and Accounting. The thing is, I am not sure whether I would be going back to be a “Graduate Student” because I am already degreed or am I a “Super Undergraduate”? Also, should I go get the Accounting, or should I go to get my MBA? I know an MBA is a big commitment and I wanted to go to PITT to get that if I ever did do it. I think what I am going to do is take 1 class in September and see what happens and how that goes.

I have a theory about college. It is a bunch of BS… See when you are 17 and 18 years old, you have no idea what you want to do with your life! At 27… I am totally different than I was at 17. I have lived a strange life and it has very much changed my outlook on things. If I were in college now, it would be so different. I would totally pay more attention and I would “GET IT”! When I was there, I was just focused on graduating and getting on with my life. Now I am actually interested in what the Professors have to say! With that all being said… I am very glad I went to college right out of high school, but it would be very different now as to what I chose as my major and my career.

So… does anyone know anything about going back to school after you have been graduated for 7 years? I need to look a little more into this.



Last night I 30 Day Shredded and my body is killing me today! YIKES! That means I did it right! J I think I’ll weigh myself on Mondays and report to you if I gained or lost anything. Also inches lost on my belly (which is the only place I measured… hahaha). Hopefully I keep this up.

Did anyone catch 16 and Pregnant last night. It is an MTV show that I am addicted to? Well, the girl was 15 years old and she got kicked out of high school (9th grade I believe) and was being home schooled. Her boyfriend was not around (like 2 hours away), much older, and did not have a job. I like to watch these shows… not sure why… but they really upset me at the same time. This girl I think got a big scare when her baby was born enough to make her really take care of the little baby. The baby had possibly inhaled some poo while in-utero and that can be very dangerous. They life flighted the baby to CHOP and in 11 days that little girl was allowed to go home with her mother. The dad didn’t want anything to do with the baby until the health scare either… and I think that is what made these children grow up and actually try to be good parents. That is sad… but at least they know how precious this little baby is now.

I don’t know how these kids can get pregnant so easily, have cute healthy little babies and can not provide for them… But my husband and I could give a baby the world and we have been stripped of this opportunity so far in our life. Kinda upsets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment